Some notable tyre models are as follows:
• FIALA tyre model (mathematically based)
• SWIFT tyre model (mathematically and empirically based)
• MF (Magic Formula) tyre model (empirically based)
The MF-tyre model also known as “Pacejka’s magic formula” has now become the accepted racing industries standard model. It is in constant development and several different versions exist.
Disadvantages (MF-tyre model):
• The curves are based on mathematical coefficients (no direct tyre related basis)
• The coefficients are difficult to obtain from the tyre manufactures